Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Making new from the old

You hear it everytime. Your a bridesmaid in a wedding and the bride wants to get something you can "wear again someday". I said it myself when I was a bride. The truth is, you won't wear it again. As much as you try to find somewhere to wear it, chances are very slim. So after a year and a half with this beautiful dress in my closet, then in storage, then in my closet again I became to the point that it had to go. My little bitty house can only hold so much and I have seem to have allready reached the limit with two kids that aren't mine, one that is, a dog, a husband, and all compacted into 1,000 square feet. I have lately enjoyed sewing almost as much as scrapbooking so that led me to my project. Repurposing my bridesmaid dress into a pillow. Yep, I cut up the dress and made it into a pillow. I have a great pillow for my bed that matches perfectly and no longer have to mess witht the hassle of storage of the dress I will never find a place to wear:)

BEFORE:



AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment